This month we celebrate the Solemnity of St. Joseph (March 19), but that’s not the only reason St. Joseph is on our minds. A few months ago, Pope Francis released a beautiful apostolic exhortation on St. Joseph titled Patris Corde (With a Father’s Heart), recalling the 150th anniversary of the declaration of St. Joseph as Patron of the Universal Church. To mark the occasion, the Holy Father has proclaimed a “Year of Saint Joseph” from December 8, 2020 to December 8, 2021.
There’s never been a better time to grow closer to St. Joseph, and that’s what Brandon and Fr. Blake help you do through this episode.
Books + Resources
- Consecration to St. Joseph: The Wonders of Our Spiritual Father by Donald Calloway
- Consecration to Jesus through St. Joseph: An Integrated Look At the Holy Family by Dr. Gregory Bottaro and Jennifer Settle
- Patris Corde by Pope Francis (apostolic letter, 12/8/20)
- Redemptoris Custos by Pope St. John Paul II (apostolic exhortation, 8/15/89)
- Mentioned in Introduction
- Reclaiming Vatican II: What It (Really) Said, What It Means, and How It Calls Us to Renew the Church by Fr. Blake Britton (coming in Fall 2021!)
- Tolkien’s Modern Reading: Middle-earth Beyond the Middle Ages by Holly Ordway
- Return: How to Draw Your Child Back to the Church by Brandon Vogt
- What To Say What to Say and How to Say It, Vol II: More Ways to Discuss Your Catholic Faith with Clarity and Confidence by Brandon Vogt